All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen six seniors in Tupelo, Mississippi undergo intense challenges as they transition between High School and college will the challenges of life cause the transition to bring them closer to God or send them further away? Stage Set is the first of a trilogy meant to introduce you to the dynamic characters and set the stage for their senior year. Ezekiel Simmons is a running back for Booker T. High School, a predominantly African American school kwn for producing football players. His grandparents fixed income makes it impossible for him to go to college without a scholarship. There is only one obstacle that can shatter his dream and only one person who can help him hold it together. Take a journey through the lives of Ezekiel and his friends as they discover the heartache of failure and the key to success. Walk with them and their families through life's twists and turns as they come to only one conclusion, there is more to life than high school. In this trilogy the stage is set preparing you for a true to life adventure that will have you considering the choices that you make on your journey and realizing that the Bible reveals the key to any true success. This book is a crossover book that explores the issues we face as people of color in our walk with God. In Stage Set all of the major players are being introduced. You will journey with all of the characters and the obstacles they face. You will remember what it felt like to lose your first love and the freshness of discovering new love; all of which both the good and the bad pointing us to the only real answer for our issues of blood, Christ our Messiah.
- Author BiographyTorie McLaughlin writes thought provoking books for all ages that reaches out particularly to those considered minorities. Each and every book she writes connects her readers to the redemptive plan of the Messiah through her challenging and life like characters. If you enjoyed Stage Set you will enjoy its sequel along with these other books that are due to be released in the future. If you would like for Torie to speak or to do a book signing please visit her at www.thejourneyofthebride.com. Sign up on the website to find out about events, new releases, and just to see what others have to say about her books.
- Author(s)Mrs Torie Beloved McLaughlin
- Date of Publication20/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.27
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.80
- AU $21.75Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.46
- AU $28.10Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $22.64Trending at AU $22.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.