All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a pencil-sharp book about English for anyone who ever needs to write. In an easy-to-read style, it offers accessible and constructive advice to help you improve your English skills. It targets common pitfalls and those troublesome areas of English usage that affect everyone, matter what their level of competence. It exposes several language myths and is bursting with 1500 examples of both right and wrong usage. The Joy of English cuts to the heart of what readers want: help with their English. Its 100 short chapters provide answers to the questions that we are too afraid to ask - amateurs and professionals alike. Questions such as: - Who versus whom - Less versus fewer - As versus because - In contrast to versus by contrast - Further versus farther - Learned versus learnt - Imply versus infer - Practice versus practise - Provided versus providing - While versus whilst We live in the information age. Never in history has the need to communicate been so great. Everyone can improve their language skills. The Joy of English puts you on the path to new levels of competence and confidence.
- Author BiographyJesse Karjalainen is a writer, journalist, sub-editor and freelance fashion photographer. He studied journalism in Edinburgh and has worked for several national newspapers. He also runs the whichenglish.com website. Online: www.thejoyofenglish.com; Twitter: @thejoyofenglish.
- Author(s)Jesse Karjalinen
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Weight440 g
- Width136 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.