All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith more than 50 tips, techniques, and lessons for creating beautiful illuminated letters and sophisticated lettering projects, The Joy of Lettering takes hand lettering to a whole new level. Gabri Joy Kirkendall (Creative Lettering & Beyond) and Jaclyn Escalera guide readers through a dynamic exploration of the craft, focusing on typography and illuminated letters and numbers using pencil, ink, and marker in a variety of styles and themes. From there, artists will learn how to create letters using a variety of alternative materials and media, such as watercolor, gouache, and wood. Easily customized DIY projects invite artists to finesse their skills as they learn to letter on different types of surfaces while creating lettered murals, stationery, and signage. Packed with creative techniques and easy-to-follow lessons, this all-inclusive resource is a must-have for anyone who wants to learn or grow their expertise in the art of hand lettering.
- Author BiographyArtist, author, and illustrator Gabri Joy Kirkendall specializes in hand lettering, watercolor, and pen and ink. She is a co-author of Creative Painting & Beyond, The Joy of Lettering, and the bestselling title Creative Lettering and Beyond, which has been featured by Pioneer Woman, Creative Market, Brit + Co, Oh My! Handmade, Life Your Way, Letter Shoppe, and The Letter Belle, among others. Gabri is the artist and owner of Gabri Joy Studios, a successful online business based in the Pacific Northwest that specializes in fine art prints, invitations, branding, wedding stationery, and custom lettering. The Joy of Lettering co-author Jaclyn Escalera has years of experience in corporate design, non-profit design, and small business branding. She has lived and worked as a designer in Oahu, Texas, and the Pacific Northwest. During her studies at university, her passion for art and design led her to pursue an international design internship with OceanBarefoot Creative Agency in London. She holds a BFA with an emphasis in graphic design and a minor in art history. Today she runs her freelance business JAE Creative in Austin, Texas. Jaclyn specializes in custom branding, lettering, illustration, and graphic design. She has a deep connection to the military community and volunteers her professional skills to improve military family program promotional materials and unit brand design. She was awarded the Honorable Order of Our Lady of Loreto for her support and service to the Army Aviation Community. Jaclyn is a member of AIGA, the professional association for design.
- Author(s)Gabri Joy Kirkendall,Jaclyn Escalera
- PublisherWalter Foster Jr.
- Date of Publication03/11/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationMN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWalter Foster Jr.
- Content Note200 color & 150 b-w photos
- Weight726 g
- Width222 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.