The Joy of Mixology: The Consummate Guide to the Bartender's Craft by Gary Regan (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.52+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn original book on the craft of mixology is a rare gem. Gary Regan s The Joy of Mixology is such a gem, one whose genius lies in Regan s breakthrough system for categorizing drinks that helps bartenders both professionals and amateurs alike t only to remember drink recipes but also to invent their own. For example, once you understand that the Margarita is a member of the New Orleans Sour Family, you ll instantly see that a Kamikaze is just a vodka-based Margarita; a Cosmopolitan follows the same formula, with some cranberry juice thrown in for color. Similarly, the Manhattan and the Rob Roy, both members of the French-Italian family, are variations on the whiskey-vermouth-bitters formula. In this way Regan brings a whole new understanding to the world of cocktails and how to make them. Not only will you learn how to make standard cocktails, you ll actually learn to feel your way through making a drink, thereby attaining the skills needed to create concoctions of your own. And as Regan explains methods for mixing drinks, how to choose bartenders wares and select spirits and liqueurs, and the origins of many cocktails, you ll feel as though you re behind the bar with him, learning from a master. Plus, his charming and detailed history of mixed drinks raises this far above the standard cocktail guide fare. With more than 350 drink recipes, The Joy of Mixology is the ultimate bar guide. Ground-breaking and authoritative, it s a must-have for anyone interested in the craft of the cocktail.
- Author BiographyGARY REGAN is the author of The Bartender s Bible and coauthor with his wife, Mardee Haidin Regan, of The Book of Bourbon and Other Fine American Whiskeys, New Classic Cocktails, The Martini Companion, and The Bourbon Companion. He has written articles on mixing and drinking for the San Francisco Chronicle, Food & Wine, Playboy, Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Wine & Spirit Magazine, and Cheers Magazine. Gary and his wife are the creators of the e-letter Ardent Spirits and drink experts for Amazon.com s Kitchen & Housewares store. They live in Cornwall-on-Hudson, New York.
- Author(s)Gary Regan
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication25/11/2003
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Content Noteillustrations, (some colour )
- Weight644 g
- Width234 mm
- Height148 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.