All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautifully produced colouring book contains all your favourite characters from Kipling's classic story - Mowgli, Baloo the Bear, Bagheera the Panther, Kaa the Snake, t forgetting the terrifying tiger, Shere Khan. Many of the drawings in this book were inspired the original illustrations by Kipling's father, J. Lockwood Kipling, who illustrated the first edition of The Jungle Book, published by Macmillan in 1894. With additional decorations and drawings based on traditional Indian designs, and with panels of text from the original story, this book will give hours of colouring fun, and is a wonderful introduction to this well-loved tale and Kipling's unforgettable characters. As the original publisher of The Jungle Book in 1894, Macmillan is publishing this book is part of a range of titles to celebrate the 150th anniversary of Kipling's birth in 1865. Printed on high-quality paper that will take crayon, paint or felt pen.
- Author BiographyRudyard Kipling was born in Bombay, India, in 1865, the son of J Lockwood Kipling. He was educated in England, and returned to India when he was seventeen, where he worked on various journals and newspapers. He moved back to England in 1889, by which time he was already famous for his satirical verses and stories, including Plain Tales from India, first published in Calcutta in 1888. Through an acquaintance, he met the Macmillan family, and from 1891 his books were published by Macmillan & Co Ltd, with The Jungle Book appearing in 1894 and The Second Jungle Book in 1895. These first editions were illustrated by his father in black line, then in 1908 an edition of The Jungle Book was published with 16 colour plates. During his lifetime, Kipling wrote many stories and poems, the most famous of which (in addition to the two Jungle Books) is Just So Stories - his most well-known poem is If-. Rudyard Kipling died in 1936 and is buried in Westminster Abbey.
- Author(s)Rudyard Kipling
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectNovelty & Activity Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight511 g
- Width225 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.