All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUpton Sinclair's classic revelatory vel about turn-of-the-century business and immigrant labor practices--with an afterword by Dr. Barry Sears, the New York Times bestselling author of The Zone. Jurgis Rudkus, a young Lithuanian immigrant in search of a better life, faces instead an epic struggle for survival. His story of factory life in Chicago in the early twentieth century is a saga of barbarous working conditions, crushing poverty, crime, disease, and despair. Upton Sinclair's vivid depiction of the horrors of Chicago's stockyards and slaughterhouses aroused such public indignation that a government investigation was called, eventually resulting in the passage of pure food laws. More than a hundred years later, The Jungle continues to pack the same emotional power it did when it was first published.
- Author BiographyJane Jacobs is one of the most original economic and sociological thinkers of our day. Her books include the classic The Death and Life of Great American Cities and, most recently, The Nature of Economies, both of which are available in Modern Library clothbound editions. She lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Upton Sinclair
- PublisherPerfection Learning
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerfection Learning
- Weight272 g
- Width99 mm
- Height168 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Introduction byAlicia Mischa Renfroe
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $51.53Trending at AU $60.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $22.01Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.