All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionChristianity Today Book Award WinnerJustice requires perseverance--a deep perseverance we can't muster on our own. The world's needs are staggering and even the most passion-driven reactions, strategies, and good intentions can falter. But we serve a God who never falters, who sees the needs, hears the cries, and gives strength--through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit--to his people. Offering a comprehensive biblical theology of justice drawn from the whole story of Scripture, this book invites us to kw more intimately the God who loves justice and calls us to give our lives to seek the flourishing of others. The authors explore stories of injustice around the globe today and spur Christians to root their passion for justice in the persevering hope of Christ. They also offer practices that can further form us into people who join God's work of setting things right in the world.
- Author BiographyBethany Hanke Hoang (MDiv, Princeton Theological Seminary) engages leaders around the world with the critical connection between justice and spiritual formation. She advises and speaks on behalf of International Justice Mission (IJM) and served with IJM as director of biblical justice initiatives, such as the Global Prayer Gathering and the IJM Institute, for more than a decade. Hoang was named among 50 Women to Watch by Christianity Today and one of 20 Women to Watch by Catalyst. She has also published Deepening the Soul for Justice. Kristen Deede Johnson (PhD, University of St. Andrews) is associate professor of theology and Christian formation at Western Theological Seminary in Holland, Michigan. She teaches and writes in the areas of theology, culture, formation, and political theory. Her previous publications include Theology, Political Theory, and Pluralism: Beyond Tolerance and Difference.
- Author(s)Bethany Hanke Hoang,Kristen Deede Johnson
- PublisherBrazos Press
- Date of Publication16/02/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrazos Press
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byMark Labberton
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.