All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAbout the author (Ngozi Fulani) I first met Ahmar around 1999. I could t believe that this tall, striking, articulate and very mature young man was only 12 years old. Ahmar joined Emashi African Dance Ensemble as part of his Ka-Zimba training to improve both his dance and drumming skills. Ahmar had graduated to become an Ndugu one year previously and to this day has been a practising Ka-Zimba for over sixteen years. At the time of his graduation he and his younger sister were the youngest teachers in Ka-Zimba. As one of the members of Emashi, he accompanied our sister group, Education Africa Teaching (EAT), on an educational visit to Ghana in 2002. Around this same time, I became aware that he had written a number of songs including one called African and Black. This song, which has been performed internationally, touches audiences wherever it goes and it was especially well received during his performance at Ghana's Emancipation Day celebration. Ahmar's skills as a writer and singer were apparent from quite an early age. The fact that he had written this book, the first of its kind, as a teenager, comes as little surprise. I strongly feel that this book will soon find a willing producer to adapt it for the big screen. At the age of twenty two Ahmar is currently studying for his music degree at The British Academy of New Music. You can often find him on the stage whether it be singing or acting. He's performed in a number of musicals including 'Black Heroes in the Hall of Fame' and more recently 'JA Story' a musical on the history of Jamaica. Having worked in primary and secondary schools for a number of years, Ahmar has a passion for working with young people and enjoys spreading a positive message of cultural awareness and continual self discovery. Back cover blurb Jasarin, Baka, Chui and Banje you will grow up to be four of Zimba's mightiest warriors. You will grow up in a time of terrible suppression and great fear. You four will have the key to end it. I will give you special powers to bring about peace once again. Jasarin, you will be blessed with amazing strength eugh to rival that of a buffalo. Baka, you will be given grace and the power to fly. Chui, you will have great speed and be able to outrun a cheetah and Banje; you will be gifted with the power of foresight and the ability to move objects with your mind. A portion of my power I bestow upon each of you. From henceforth you are Zimba's secret hope...The Ka-Zimba Rangers! For many generations, the people and the animals of Zimba have lived in perfect harmony, rejoicing in the magic of the special martial art Ka-Zimba. However those of selfish and evil motives seek to infiltrate Zimba and wreak havoc that could lead to the destruction of this idyllic land...'The Ka-Zimba Rangers And the Legend of the Great Lion' is an adventure story set in ancient Africa. The story takes place in the fictional country of Zimba. The story revolves around four young warriors with special powers who grow up in the time of an evil King. 'The Ka-Zimba Rangers And the Legend of the Great Lion' is a story full of magic, adventure and great battles that dete the age old struggle of good over evil.
- Author(s)Ahmar Ferguson
- PublisherTamaRe House Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTamaRe House Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.