All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKata [kah-tah], which translates as form, process, way of doing things, is the Rosetta stone of Japan's traditional culture - the key that unlocked both the mystery and the mystique associated with how the Japanese did business and conducted their personal and professional affairs. Expressed ather way, kata were the cultural molds that created and controlled the traditional behavior of the Japanese and were the source of both their strengths and weaknesses. Still today all dealings in Japan are influenced by the kata that continue to influence the mindset and behavior of the Japanese, yet most foreigners are t aware that they exist. Kwledge of the kata strips away the cultural cloak hiding the Japanese from the outside world and reveals the essence of the famous Japanese Way. For foreigners to deal effectively with the Japanese - in both personal and business matters - they must kw when and how to induce them to break the kata molds and behave in a n-Japanese way. Younger generations of Westernized Japanese break the molds until they go to work, then they must conform to the kata that remain in whatever company they join.
- Author BiographyBoye Lafayette De Mente has been involved with Asia and Mexico since the late 1940's as a member of a U.S. intelligence agency, journalist and editor. He is a graduate of Jochi University in Tokyo, Japan and Thunderbird School of Global Management in Glendale, Arizona, USA. In addition to books on the business practices, social behavior and languages of China, Japan, Korea and Mexico he has written extensively about the plague of male dominance and the moral failings of the U.S. and the Western world in general. Recent books include: CHINA Understanding & Dealing with the Chinese Way of Doing Business; JAPAN Understanding & Dealing with the NEW Japanese Way of Doing Business; THE MEXICAN MIND-Understand and Appreciating Mexican Culture; and SPEAK JAPANESE TODAY - A Little Language Goes a Long Way! All of his titles are available from Amazon.
- Author(s)Boye Lafayette De Mente
- Date of Publication26/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $80.00Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.30Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.