All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.80Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionOn a singular March day in 1914, Fernando Pessoa felt his master appear inside him, Alberto Caeiro, the heteronym that stands over his epiphanic collection, composed that day The Keeper of Sheep -- the pivotal work in the career of Portugal's great modern poet. Of the poet's persona Octavio Paz declares, his words strike us as truths from ather age, that age in which everything was the same. The Keeper of Sheep is appears here in its original Portuguese beside its first English translation.
- Author BiographyFERNANDO PESSOA was born in Lisbon in 1888. As a young man, he dropped out of university and made his living by translating, writing in avant-garde reviews, and drafting business letters in English and French. He began publishing criticism in 1912, creative prose in 1913, and poetry in 1914. He published his works under a variety of alter egos he called heteronyms Alberto Caeiro, Ricardo Reis, and Alvaro de Campos, and nearly seventy others. He died in Lisbon, in 1935.
- Author(s)Fernando Pessoa
- PublisherSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication31/12/1997
- LanguagePortuguese & English
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSheep Meadow Press,U.S.
- Weight195 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byEdwin Honig,Susan M. Brown
- Introduction byEdwin Honig,Susan M. Brown
- Edition StatementBilingual ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.