All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor thousands of years, games would decide if a young boy was ready to become a man, or return home in shame. Losing a simple board game could make the player an outcast of his village, while a complicated puzzle could end his life in one wrong move. In the Game Player, Jacob would once again have to save a life during games of challenging contests and daring feats. The names of the players changed in each crossing into the past; but the danger and threat to this own life remained unchanged. Ako was a mighty warrior; one Jacob would prove to be less than worthy, to his friend Namdi. A museum curator turned out to be a thief with the sword in mind for his own collection. Checkers was a game that Jacob could handle; but he and his friend Casey, soon found out that chess could be more dangerous when it involves a devious conspirator. Against two sentry guards, he discovered that big rocks make formidable weapons, and that a winner can lose, but still be hored and respected. This is Jacob's destiny. He will t change it. He will never stop.
- Author(s)Karen A Lenerville
- Date of Publication14/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.