The Ketogenic Diets: Treatments for Epilepsy and Other Disorders by Eric H. Kossoff, John M. Freeman, James Rubenstein, Zahava Turner (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $41.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes referred to as a miracle diet, the ketogenic diet has helped Doctors treat difficult-to-control epileptic seizures in thousands of children. Coauthored by four respected experts from Johns Hopkins, Ketogenic Diets continues to be the definitive guide for parents, Physicians and Dieticians wanting to implement this strict diet. Anyone who is placed on the Ketogenic Diet will be told, essentially prescribed by their Doctor to get this book. This fifth edition has been extensively updated to reflect current advances in understanding how the diet works, how it should be used and the future role of the diet as a treatment. Six new chapters address how to integrate the diet into all cultures, religions and taste preferences; new information on modified and less restrictive versions of the diet and the Modified Atkins Diet for Epilepsy are included. The book also covers exciting new research that shows the diet may work for people with other neurological illnesses. This best-seller also includes sample meal plans, a food database, how to calculate foods and much more.
- Author BiographyEric Kossoff, MD - Dr. Eric Kossoff is an Assistant Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics and a member of The John M. Freeman Pediatric Epilepsy Center, as well as the Division of Pediatric Neurology. His clinical practice specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of childhood seizures and epilepsy, especially involving diet and other non-surgical options.||John M. Freeman, MD is Professor of Neurology and Pediatrics and has spent most of his career at Johns Hopkins University, where he has spent most of his career. In 1969, he created and assumed directorship of the Johns Hopkins Child Neurology Program. His contributions have made the Center a leader in the field. He has written nearly 150 articles, 41 book chapters and seven books or editions of books including, The Ketogenic Diet: A Treatment for Children and Others with Epilepsy, and the award-winning Seizures and Epilepsy in Childhood: A Guide|is the Ketogenic Dietitian for the John Freeman Epilepsy Center at The Johns Hopkins University responsible for all nutritional aspects for patients following the ketogenic diet, including education, follow up and menu planning.| is a neurodevelopmental pediatrician on the full-time staff at Kennedy Krieger Institute and The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Author(s)Eric H. Kossoff,James Rubenstein,John M. Freeman,Zahava Turner
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2011
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps, figures
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.