All listings for this product
About this product
- Descriptionmedical research covered in thisvolume: epidemiology, physiologyand pathophysio- logy, laboratory methodology, and renal pathology. New studies deal with the diagsis and treatment of both incipient and overt nephropathy by metabolie, antihypertensive, and dietary invention. Considerable progress has been made in the management of end-stage renal failure and also in the management and treatment of nephropathy in the pregnant diabetic woman. Diabetic nephropathy is a worldwide problem, but it is more clearly defined in Europe and North America where facilities for the diagsis and treatment of diabetes and its complications are readily available. Much more work needs to be done in other parts of the world, as it appears from this book. It is hoped that we w have a handbook for the kidney and hypertension in diabetes and that further progress can be made in clinical work in diagsing and treating diabetic patients. Much more work still needs to be done regarding patient education with respect to complications. Many diabetics have w been trained to take part in the management of their metabolie control; they should also be trained to take part in the follow-up and treatment of complications. This volume also underlines the considerable need for future research. So far, research in this field has been carried out in relatively few countries and centers in the world. The editor is sure that this volume will also stimulate further advan- cement in clinical science within the field of diabetic renal disease.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/03/2013
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight872 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byCarl Erik Mogensen
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 1994. Softcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 1994
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.