CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
The KidsKope Peer Mentoring Programme: A Therapeutic Approach to Help Children and Young People Build Resilience and Deal with Conflict by Penny McFarlane, Nina Wroe (Paperback, 2014)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.96
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a programme to train young people how to be therapeutic mentors to younger children, with mentoring workshop outlines and creative, therapeutic activities to use. Peer mentoring is mutually beneficial: being a mentor can help young people in conflict situations who may t engage easily with adult intervention, and it also has therapeutic benefits for younger mentees. As well as training sessions for the mentors, the book provides outlines of mentoring workshops on issues such as bullying, conflict with parents, parental separation and change and transition. Creative ideas to use in the sessions, such as games, relaxation techniques, role play, and reframing activities, are provided, with photocopiable materials. Suitable for use with mentors aged 14-18 and mentees aged 9-13, this is an ideal resource to train peer mentors in therapeutic mentoring and for mentors to use in their sessions.
- Author BiographyNina Wroe is Co-founder of the KidsKope project and founder of the Changing Families project, a programme that works with young people who have been through family reorganisation, running in schools in the South West of England. She was previously Deputy Head of a secondary school in Devon. Penny McFarlane is Co-founder of the KidsKope project. She is a practising dramatherapist and was previously a teacher in primary and secondary schools in England. Nina and Penny are both based in Devon, UK.
- Author(s)Nina Wroe,Penny McFarlane
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication28/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note12 b&w line drawings
- Weight567 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byAndrea Ayres
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.