The Killer Angels: The Classic Novel of the Civil War by Michael Shaara (Hardback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $37.84Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAfter more than a quarter of a century and three million copies in print, Michael Shaara s Pulitzer Prize-winning Civil War classic, TheKiller Angels, remains as vivid and powerful as the day it was originally published. This handsome new hardcover edition introduces a whole new generation to Shaara s masterpiece and offers readers everywhere a literary keepsake for years to come.July 1863. The Confederate Army of Northern Virginia is invading the North. General Robert E. Lee has made this daring and massive move with seventy thousand men in a determined effort to draw out the Union Army of the Potomac and mortally wound it. His right hand is General James Longstreet, a brooding man who is loyal to Lee but stubbornly argues against his plan. Opposing them is an unkwn factor: General George Meade, who has taken command of the Army only two days before what will be perhaps the crucial battle of the Civil War. In the four most bloody and courageous days of our nation s history, two armies fight for two conflicting dreams. One dreams of freedom, the other of a way of life. More than rifles and bullets are carried into battle. The soldiers carry memories. Promises. Love. And more than men fall on those Pennsylvania fields. Bright futures, untested incence, and pristine beauty are also the casualties of war. The Killer Angels is unique, sweeping, unforgettable a dramatic re-creation of the battleground for America s destiny.
- Author BiographyMichael Shaara was born in Jersey City in 1929 and graduated from Rutgers University in 1951. His early science fiction short stories were published in Galaxy magazine in 1952. He later began writing other works of fiction and published more than seventy short stories in many magazines, including The Saturday Evening Post, Cosmopolitan, and Redbook. His first novel, The Broken Place, was published in 1968. But it was a simple family vacation to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in 1966 that gave him the inspiration for his greatest achievement, the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel The Killer Angels, published in 1974. Michael Shaara went on to write two more novels, The Noah Conspiracy and For Love of the Game, which was published posthumously after his death in 1988.
- Author(s)Michael Shaara
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleCivil War Trilogy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight662 g
- Width163 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $31.03New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.24Trending at AU $31.03
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.