All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStriking photographs of 120 influential figures of the twentieth century highlight a singular sartorial detail that the stars wore first and that, as a result, redefined fashion. In a series of iconic portraits accompanied by insightful and sometimes dishy text, this volume examines the most influential stars of the twentieth century and the killer detail that made them stand out and for which they would forever be remembered. If what Stendhal called the charming little flaw is what inflames desire, then the killer detail is the harbinger of true elegance. It is a particular feature that catches the eye, encapsulates an attitude, or refines a style, distinguishing the wearer from the crowd. The Killer Detail is a veritable fashion show featuring writers, artists, performers, and models who all left their mark on the twentieth century as bellwethers of style: from Marlene Dietrich s pantsuit to Kate Moss s skinny jeans; from Liz Taylor s leopard-print swimsuit to Jimi Hendrix s military jacket; and from Thelonious Monk s beret to Frank Sinatra s fedora. These are the individuals who dared to invent new perspectives in fashion and adopt fresh trends that would be reinvented by others continually for years to come.
- Author BiographyElisabeth Quin is a film critic who has appeared on numerous cultural programs in France. She has published three novels and a book on the representation of death in art. Francois Armanet was previously editor in chief of the French newspaper Liberation and now runs the magazine Nouvel Observateur. He has produced several cultural and travel programs and he directed and cowrote a film based on one of his three novels.
- Author(s)Elisabeth Quin,Francois Armanet
- PublisherFlammarion-Pere Castor
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFlammarion-Pere Castor
- Weight1383 g
- Width193 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.