All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionFamous for his colorful personality and formidable intellect, David Ogilvy left an indelible mark on the advertising world, transforming it from a disreputable business into a dynamic industry full of passionate, creative individuals. This first-ever biography traces Ogilvy's remarkable life, from his short-lived college education and undercover work during World War II to his many successful years in New York advertising. Ogilvy's fascinating life and career make for an intriguing study from both a biographical and a business standpoint. Idiosyncratic, full of contradictions, and characterized by a powerful intellect, he redefined the business and became an icon within the advertising world, inspiring countless people to devote their lives to it. This biography is based on a wealth of material from decades of working alongside the advertising giant, including a large collection of photos, memos, recordings, tes, and extensive archives of Ogilvy's personal papers. The book describes the creation of some of history's most famous advertising campaigns, such as: * The man in the Hathaway shirt with his aristocratic eye patch * The man from Schweppes is here with Commander Whitehead, the elegant bearded Brit, introducing tonic water (and 'Schweppervesence') to the U.S. * Perhaps the most famous automobile headline of all time -- 'At 60 miles an hour the loudest ise in this new Rolls-Royce comes from the electric clock.' *'Pablo Casals is coming home -- to Puerto Rico.' Ogilvy said this campaign, which helped change the image of a country, was his proudest achievement. * And his greatest (if less recognized) sales success -- 'DOVE creams your skin while you wash.' Fifty years later, still on his original proposition that it doesn't dry your skin, Dove has become the largest selling cleansing brand in the world.Roman also carries Ogilvy's message into the present day, showing the contemporary relevance of the bottom-line focus for which his business ventures are remembered, and how this approach is still key for professionals in the modern advertising world.
- Author BiographyKENNETH ROMAN worked directly with David Ogilvy at Ogilvy& Mather for 26 years, beginning as an account executive and rising up to eventually become Chairman and CEO. He is the co-author of several books, including the bestselling business classics How to Advertise and Writing that Works, both of which are in their third editions. He lives in New York City.
- PrizesLong-listed for Spear's Book Awards: Biography of the Year 2009.
- Author(s)Kenneth Roman
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication23/01/2009
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date04/01/2013
- Content Note0
- Weight532 g
- Width165 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.