Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionItas 1916, and timeas running out for Scott Joplin. Before he dies, he wants to provide for his wife and secure his place in musical history. Heas written a musical drama, and his young pia student, Martin Niederhofferawho works as a bookkeeper at Waterson, Berlin, and Snyder Music Publishersa convinces him to try to get Irving Berlin to publish and produce the work. The next day, Niederhoffer walks into his office and finds Joplin crouched over the blood-soaked body of a young man. He hustles his teacher away; unfortunately, the two are seen leaving the building.Nell Stark, daughter of Joplinas first publisher, John Stark, hides Joplin and Niederhoffer from the police. In trying to sort out the mess, she calls her father in from St. Louis. After Berlin flatly denies ever having received Joplinas play, young Niederhoffer breaks cover and engages the services of hit man Footsie Vinny, who gives Berlin a five-day deadline to come up with the manuscript. And just when things couldnat get worse, Niederhofferas girlfriend, Birdie, is kidnapped. Can Nell and John exonerate the ailing musician before it is too late?The King of Ragtime is the second installment in the Ragtime series.
- Author(s)Larry Karp
- PublisherPoisoned Pen Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleRagtime Mystery Trilogy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPoisoned Pen Press
- Weight476 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.