All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an essential guide for anyone with an interest in wildlife who visits Africa - from the tourist on safari to the more experienced naturalist. Compact and beautifully illustrated, it is ideal for use in the field, while its coverage is the most comprehensive for any book of its size. *First pocket guide to cover every species of terrestrial African mammal. *Adapted from the highly acclaimed Kingdon Field Guide to African Mammals *Fully illustrated with the author's superb color artwork *Easy-to-read distribution maps *Concise text and clear layout for quick, easy reference *Practical format makes it ideal for use in the field
- Author BiographyJonathan Kingdon is one of the world's foremost authorities on the mammals of Africa, and also a highly acclaimed artist. American Scientist listed Kingdon's East African Mammals: An Atlas of Evolution in Africa as one of a hundred books that shaped science in the twentieth century. This pocket guide has been adapted from his classic Kingdon Field Guide to African Mammals .
- Author(s)Jonathan Kingdon
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication10/01/2005
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitlePrinceton Pocket Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note115 color plates. 400 color illus. 250 maps.
- Weight399 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.