Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Cormac, an Edinburgh-based art teacher and sculptor, tries to transmit his passion for Rodin to his pupils he finds his words tend to fall on stony ground. There is one exception: fifteen years old, beautiful and fiercely intelligent, Clarinda Bain is his keenest and most ardent student. On a school trip to Paris she becomes obsessed by the work and life of Gwen John, in particular by her affair with Rodin. When she begins to mirror this relationship by becoming obsessed herself with her own mentor, Cormac's life as a teacher and husband is suddenly thrown into confusion. Compelling and exquisitely written, The Kiss is a study of artistic and sexual obsession by a writer at the height of her powers.
- Author BiographyJoan Lingard is the acclaimed author of over 40 books for both children and adults. She was born in Edinburgh and brought up in Belfast, the inspiration for many of her novels, including the ground-breaking Across the Barricades. She was awarded the MBE in 1998 for Services to Children's Literature. The Kiss is the result of a long-standing personal fascination with the painter Gwen John.
- Author(s)Joan Lingard
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication10/02/2003
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Weight272 g
- Width129 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $30.97New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.78
- AU $26.29Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.