All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA look at the realities of free-market medicine in America. A Yale-trained psychiatrist, Dora Calott Wang explores the seismic shifts that have shaken the entire medical profession. Through the prism of her own research and experience, readers watch as she struggles to maintain her professional standards as health care's priorities veer away from the compassionate care of patients toward improving the bottom line. And the stories of some of her patients reveal an oft-igred human side of our besieged system. As the medical landscape changes beneath Wang, she confronts depression and exhaustion, and fights to find the balance between work and home as it becomes ever clearer that she cant untangle the uncertain futures of her patients from her own.
- Author BiographyDora Calott Wang, M.D., is psychiatrist who has degrees from the Yale School of Medicine and the University of California-Berkeley. She has been in private practice, served on hospital staffs, and been a medical school instructor. She also has a master's in English from Berkeley and lives with her family in New Mexico.
- Author(s)Dora Calott Wang
- PublisherRiverhead Books
- Date of Publication03/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books
- Weight318 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.