All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 25 June 1950, the invasion of South Korea by the Communist North launched one of the bloodiest conflicts of the last century. The seemingly limitless power of the Chinese-backed North was thrown against the ferocious firepower of the UN-backed South in a war that can be seen today as the stark prelude to Vietnam. Max Hastings drew on first-hand accounts of those who fought on both sides to produce this vivid and incisive reassessment of the Korean War, bringing the military and human dimensions into sharp focus. Critically acclaimed on publication, The Korean War remains the best narrative history of this conflict.
- Author BiographyMax Hastings, author of over twenty books, has been editor of the Daily Telegraph and the Evening Standard. He has won many awards for his journalism and was knighted in 2002.
- Author(s)Sir Max Hastings
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication17/09/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Content Note8 black & white halftones
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest Age18
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.