All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWithin every ancient city lies a heart and soul which breathe life into it, creating its own special character, embodying the memories of the past, the confidence of the present, and the hopes for the future. In the thousand-year old city of Kazan, this living heart is the Kazan Kremlin, rising above the city, and for centuries a unique feature t only of Kazan, but also of the entire landscape of the Middle Volga region. This large-size (approx. 20 by 30 cm) book explores the beauty, the history, the past and present uses and the mysteries of the Kazan Kremlin in words and images. The text is provided in parallel English and Russian versions, and all the photographs are reproduced in full colour, several of them as two-page spreads. All photographs have been especially commissioned for this volume. This book represents a unique record of this remarkable monument, w a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and should be of great interest to anyone interested in the great buildings of the world, the history of Kazan, and architecture in general.
- Author BiographyRavil Bukharaev works for the BBC World Service in London.
- Author(s)Nigel Davis,Ravil Bukharaev
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/01/2001
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.