All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionOn a train journey, Pozdnyshev tells his story to a stranger: how his relationship with his wife gradually deteriorated from one of love and passion to jealousy and resentfulness, culminating in a mad act of desperation while she practised Beethoven's Kreutzer Sonata with her violin teacher. An uncompromising examination of lust, suspicion and infidelity which was once forbidden by censors in Russia and banned in the US due to its shocking content, Tolstoy's controversial vella - here presented in a new translation, along with 'The Prisoner of the Caucasus', 'Master and Man' and 'After the Ball' - is w considered one of the masterpieces of Tolstoy's late period.
- Author BiographyLeo Tolstoy (1828 - 1910) is regarded by some as the greatest novelist of all time. With such masterpieces as Anna Karenina and War and Peace, he influenced generations of writers and changed the course of world literature.
- Author(s)Leo Tolstoy
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Classics
- Translated byRoger Cockrell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.