Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis monumental reference work is a comprehensive guide to the Ku Klux Klan. It begins with a brief history of the KKK, from antebellum predecessors to the present day. Subsequent chapters cover beliefs, including white supremacy, nativism, religion, moralism and education; terms and abbreviations, with a definitive glossary; biographies of prominent historical Klansmen and profiles of KKK groups and front groups; profiles of individuals and groups linked or friendly to the Klan; an historical overview of the Klan in politics, including friendly and adversarial politicians; a discussion of activities in the United States and abroad; the use of violence, with a roster of murder victims, a compilation of arson and bombing incidents, and sketches of riots and lynchings; state and federal efforts to police or infiltrate the Klan; watchdog groups; and current and historic journalists who covered Klan activities. Appendices provide a KKK timeline and reproductions of several key Klan documents.
- Author BiographyMichael Newton is the author of 271 books. He lives in Nashville, Indiana.
- Author(s)Michael Newton
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight1175 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.