All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs globally recognized arbitration experts, the authors of THE LABOR RELATIONS PROCESS bring nearly a century of combined experience with the labor movement, labor relations, and collective bargaining to this popular text. Packed with real-world examples and quotes from practitioners in the field, this 11th edition explores labor's history from inception to current and emerging trends, touching on government, white-collar, and international contexts to give you an unmatched perspective of the topics. Chapters include in-depth analyses of the relationship between management and labor, including key participants in the processes, and the rights and responsibilities of each. Labor agreements, collective bargaining, contract administration, arbitration, and many other critical issues and processes highlight the complex, exciting nature of organized labor, and introduce you to the wide variety of professional opportunities available to you today.
- Author BiographyRoger S. Wolters is professor emeritus in the Department of Management at Auburn University, where his primary interests included labor law, collective bargaining, and dispute resolution. Coauthor of Labor Relations: An Experiential and Case Approach with William H. Holley, Jr., his research was published in Labor Law Journal, Arbitration Journal, Employee Responsibilities and Rights Journal, Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Industrial Relations, and other journals. Dr. Wolters has consulted to private and public organizations, and served as an Administrative Hearing Officer for grievances with the City of Auburn, Alabama. He earned his B.B.A. and M.A. from the University of North Florida, and his Ph.D. in Labor and Industrial Relations from the University of Illinois. William H. Holley taught labor relations, collective bargaining, and arbitration for 32 years at Auburn University, and he worked as an arbitrator in many industries, from airlines to professional sports to the Postal Service. Widely published, he coauthored Personnel/Human Resource Management with Ken Jennings and Labor Relations: An Experimental and Case Approach with Roger Wolters. His research has appeared in the Academy of Management Journal, Labor Law Journal, Personnel Psychology, and other journals. He served as secretary and president, as well as a board member for the Journal of Management of the Southern Management Association (a division of the Academy of Management). He is also a member of the National Academy of Arbitrators, serving as its executive secretary-treasurer, vice president, and president. Dr. Holley received his B.S. and M.B.A. from Mississippi State University, and his Ph.D. from the University of Alabama. William H. Ross has taught labor relations, collective bargaining, and human resource management courses for 30 years. He teaches at the University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, where he also serves as Chairperson of the Department of Management. He does research on third-party dispute resolution procedures, including mediation and arbitration, as well as the implications of technological innovations for human resource management. His research has been published in Academy of Management Review, Journal of Applied Psychology, Labor Law Journal, and Negotiation Journal. Dr. Ross is on the editorial board of The International Journal of Conflict Management and Negotiation and Conflict Management Research. He is a member of the Academy of Management, the Society for Industrial-Organizational Psychology and other professional organizations. Dr. Ross received his B.A. from Auburn University and his M.A. and Ph.D. in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, with a minor in Labor and Industrial Relations, from the University of Illinois.
- Author(s)Roger Wolters,William Holley,William Ross
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication27/05/2016
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1565 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement11th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.