All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the general election of 1931, the Labour Party campaigned on the slogan 'Plan or Perish'. The party's pledge to create a planned socialist ecomy was a velty, and marked the rejection of the gradualist, evolutionary socialism to which Labour had adhered under the leadership of Ramsay MacDonald. Although heavily defeated in that election, Labour stuck to its commitment. The Attlee government came to power in 1945 determined to plan comprehensively. Yet, the aspiration to create a fully planned ecomy was t met. This book explores the origins and evolution of the promise, in order to explain why it was t fulfilled. RICHARD TOYE lectures in history at Homerton College, Cambridge.
- Author BiographyRICHARD TOYE lectures in history at Homerton College, Cambridge.
- Author(s)Richard Toye
- PublisherBoydell & Brewer Ltd
- Date of Publication20/03/2003
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleRoyal Historical Society Studies in History New Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberVolume 32
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2003
- ImprintRoyal Historical Society
- Content NoteWith dust jacket
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $20.56Trending at AU $28.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.