CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.18
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.81
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up in 'forties and 'fifties America in the town of White Oak lying in the 'gut country' around Chesapeake on the Eastern Seaboard, Freddie Gardiner's life will be honed by the evils of the region that surrounds him and the fates that dog us all - and his approach to life will be fashioned after the wisdom and stoicism of his mother Alice. C. M. Davis' family saga The Lagoon follows Freddie as he grows to adulthood unravelling myths like 'Ole Snakebreath' designed to keep him away from the dangers of the gut area and enduring the painful loss of loved ones. Through the example set by his mother, he overcomes adversity and understands and rejects misguided social blights such as racism. The Lagoon is an absorbing and heart-warming story of growth in the heart of a family reaching across decades of American change.
- Author BiographyThe author is a former farmer who has been an avid reader of mainly historical and biographical books all his life. His interests are in boating, fishing, sailing, scuba diving, golf and guns. He lives in Australia with his wife, and his married daughter her husband and children are close by.
- Author(s)C. M. Davis
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.