All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title features dynamic two-colour layout for easy navigation. Colour section gives a photographic overview of the region, together with special features of the particular counties, tailored itineraries and lists of the best things to do - whether it's walks, beaches or activities. There are top Don't Miss sights for each chapter. Explore the gentle green hills and woods of Southern Lakeland, west of Windermere. Visit Hill Top, the delightful farmhouse that Beatrix Potter purchased with the proceeds from Peter Rabbit. Wander the beautiful Eskdale, Duddon and Borrowdale valleys. Take refuge from the rain in the splendid Tudor country house of Sizergh with its lovely gardens and beautifully panelled rooms. Follow in the footsteps of Alfred Wainwright and walk the fells with his unique walking guides for company. Discover the haunts and inspirations of Wordsworth's lakeland - Ullswater, Kendal and Keswick, and the walk from Easdale Tarn to Grasmere.
- Author BiographyBased in Cumbria, Vivienne Crow is a freelance journalist specialising in travel and outdoor writing. She is passionate about the Lake District and when not writing about the area she spends her time walking in the National Park's hills and photographing its serene landscapes.
- Author(s)Vivienne Crow
- PublisherIMM Lifestyle Books
- Date of Publication25/03/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleCadogan Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCadogan Guides
- Content Note16pp colour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width210 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $53.94Trending at AU $54.54
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.83
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $30.00
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $24.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.