All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive one-volume history of Israel by its most distinguished historian From its Zionist beginnings at the end of the nineteenth century through the past sixty, tumultuous years, the state of Israel has been, as van Creveld argues, the greatest success story in the entire twentieth century. In this crisp volume, he skillfully relates the improbable story of a nationless people who, given a hot and arid patch of land and coping with every imaginable obstacle, founded a country that is w the envy of surrounding states. While most studies on Israel focus on the political, this encompassing history weaves together the nation's ecomic, social, cultural and religious narratives while also offering diplomatic solutions to help Israel achieve peace. Without question, this is the best one-volume history of Israel and its people.
- Author BiographyMARTIN VAN CREVELD is the world's leading Israeli military historian and theorist. He holds degrees from the London School of Economics and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, where he has been on the faculty since 1971. He is the author of seventeen books on military history and strategy and has lectured or taught at virtually every strategic institute in the Western world.
- Author(s)Martin Van Creveld
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication03/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.