All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Land of the Flibbertigibbets is a collection of playful poems and versatile verses bound to entertain and capture the imagination of the young reader. From poems about a wizard's dragon and a disaurs' health spa, nsense versions of nursery rhymes and fantastic football results, to a cautionary tale about a boy who is always sticking his tongue out. These new poems for children aged 7 to 12, include wordplay poems about anagrams and homonyms, a word-building poem about how to make a teacher, a chant about omatopoeia and a poem about peculiar plurals. Haikus and clerihews, epitaphs and epigrams, kennings and lists make up this inventive collection.
- Author BiographyJohn Foster is the well-known anthologist of over 150 collections of poetry for children, including the best-selling Twinkle Twinkle Chocolate Bar and the six books of poetry illustrated by Korky Paul - Dinosaur Poems, Fantastic Football poems etc. John also compiled the Glow-worms poetry books in the Oxford Reading Tree series. He is the author of twelve books of his own poetry for children, such as Four O'Clock Friday and The Poetry Chest - a collection of over 250 of his original poems and of two rhyming dictionaries - the Oxford First Rhyming Dictionary and the Oxford Junior Rhyming Dictiionary.
- Author(s)John Foster
- PublisherSalt Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintSalt Publishing
- Weight120 g
- Width109 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Reading AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.