Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $27.94
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a unique artist's reference offering easy-to-follow, ingenious ideas and techniques for painting 50 popular landscapes in watercolour. The 50 landscapes range from a gentle flower-filled meadow and hazy summer mountains, to a dramatic cliff scene and a rippling stream in sunshine. Each landscape is explored within a hardworking spread through exercises, step-by-step sequences and easy-to-follow instructions; master the principle and technique, and finish with the watercolour painting exercise. The comprehensive introductory section covering basic materials, techniques and colours makes this an indispensable reference for all artists. From sw-covered mountains to tranquil meadows, this unique artist's reference will show you how to paint 50 glorious landscapes in watercolour. * Learn the basic techniques required to paint each landscape through the clear illustrations and step-by-step demonstrations * Follow the author's practical advice and ingenious ideas to achieve the best results, and refer to his fantastic finished paintings for further inspiration * Use the indispensable introduction to discover the essential materials, basic techniques and key principles for capturing landscapes The must-have practical reference that landscape painter should be without!
- Author BiographyJoe Francis Dowden is a well-known artist, tutor and author specialising in realism in watercolour. He writes for A&I and Painting World magazines and Paint magazine (distributed to 32,000 members of the SAA). Joe's work has appeared in several partworks, DVDs and on TV, including a demonstration of landscape painting in situ on BBC's UK Style channel. Joe lives in Worthing.
- Author(s)Joe Francis Dowden
- PublisherDavid & Charles
- Date of Publication25/01/2008
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationNewton Abbot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid & Charles
- Content Note200 illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width222 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.