All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Intertext series has been specifically designed to meet the needs of contemporary English Language Studies. Working with Texts: A Core Introduction to Language Analysis (second edition, 2001) is the foundation text, which is complemented by a range of 'satellite' titles. These provide students with hands-on practical experience of textual analysis through special topics, and can be used individually or in conjunction with Working with Texts. The Language of Comics: * highly illustrated with large number of real comic strips * provides a history of comics from the end of the nineteenth century to the present * explores the 'semiotics of comics', from the interaction between the verbal and the visual and how texts interrelate to the way speech and thought are reported in narrative and point of view * makes the case for comics as multi-modal texts and considers future developments in the genre * is user friendly and accessible, and provides a full glossary.
- Author BiographyMario Saraceni is Lecturer at Assumption University, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Author(s)Mario Saraceni
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/05/2003
- SubjectCartoons & Comic Strips
- Series TitleIntertext
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1
- Weight453 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.