All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Language of Journalism aims to provide an accessible, wide-ranging introductory textbook for a range of students. The book explores the significance of a range of linguistic practices occurring in journalism, demonstrating and facilitating the use of analysis in aiding professional journalistic and media practice. The book introduces the differences in language conventions that develop across media platforms. It covers all the key journalistic mediums available today, including sport, online and citizen journalism alongside the more standard chapters on magazine, newspaper and broadcast journalism. Clearly written and structured, this will be a key text for journalism students.
- Author BiographyMichael Higgins is Director of the Journalism and Creative Writing programme at the University of Strathclyde, UK. He has written articles for Discourse Society and Journalism: Theory, Practice Criticism, and is author of the book Media and Their Publics (Open University Press, 2008). He is also co-editor of the Cambridge Companion to Modern British Culture (2010). Angela Smith is Senior Lecturer at the University of Sunderland, UK. She has written numerous articles and book chapters on media discourses, gender, the portrayal of immigrants, and the representation of politicians. She is also a contributor to the Encyclopaedia of Journalism (Sage, 2009).
- Author(s)Angela Smith,Michael Higgins
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/06/2013
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight255 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.