All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe Language of Magazines: *shows how linguistic techniques such as puns and presuppositions are used by magazines to capture our attention *examines how image and text combine to produce meaning *discusses how ideological messages are conveyed *analyses how the sexes are constructed through language *looks at how magazines relate to culture *explores a wide variety of magazines, including Cosmopolitan, Mens Health, Bliss, Diva, FHM, Sugar and Viz.
- Author BiographyLinda McLoughlin is a part-time lecturer in English language at Edge Hill College, Ormskirk, Lancashire. She has designed and taught BA and MA courses in English language, specialising in language and gender.
- Author(s)Linda McLoughlin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2000
- Series TitleIntertext
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note32 b&w photographs
- Weight250 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.