All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Intertext series has been specifically designed to meet the needs of contemporary English Language Studies. The core book, Working with Texts, is the foundation text which provides an introduction to language analysis. It is complemented by a range of 'satellite' titles which provide students with hands-on practical experience of textual analysis through special topics. They can be used individually or in conjunction with Working with Texts. The Language of Newspapers explores the ways in which the press portrays current events. From the ideological bias of the press, to the role of headlines in newspaper articles and ways in which newspapers relate to their audience, the book provides a comprehensive analysis of newspaper language. The second edition has been substantially rewritten and includes a range of new texts. Features include: * a new introduction, taking account of recent developments in the media * recent newspaper articles on a range of subjects, from Jeffrey Archer's conviction to the journalist captured for suspected spying in Afghanistan * a new introduction, taking account of recent developments in the media * new activities and commentaries to support student-directed study * a 'further resources' section with details of on-line newspapers and websites to visit.
- Author BiographyDanuta Reah is co-author of Working with Texts and a freelance writer and teacher.
- Author(s)Danuta Reah
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2002
- Series TitleIntertext
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note28 b&w photographs
- Weight249 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.