The Las Vegas Chronicles: The Inside Story of Sin City, Celebrities, Special Players and Fascinating Casino Owners by Andrew J McLean (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.46Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $43.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Las Vegas Chronicles assembles the true stories of the city's most conniving mobsters and how they ran Sin City during its heyday. Pairing McLean's personal experience working in Las Vegas with his vivid investigative style of writing, this beautifully illustrated book gives you a unique look into the history of this extraordinary city. Uncover the Hollywood myth behind Bugsy Siegel and his wacko schemes for the Flamingo Hotel, and witness the real evolution of the fabulous Strip. In addition to exploring the annals of Mob activity in Vegas, you get a handy, fact-based Timeline of Special Events that took place in Las Vegas from 1829 to present day. Enjoy spell-binding sagas about the city's forefathers, today's casi operators and celebrity performers on the stages of Las Vegas showrooms-Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr., Elvis, Siegfried & Roy, and Wayne Newton. REVIEW Vegas is where fortunes are created and fortunes are lost. The Las Vegas Chronicles tells the history of the people who made Las Vegas, and what has become of them over the centuries, from eccentrics who tossed millions at getting the city's legend gang, stories of gangsters, politics, and the modern atmosphere of keeping the games in favor of the Casi. With plenty of stories, The Las Vegas Chronicles is a choice collection for anyone who wants to understand the many twists and turns of Las Vegas's long history. -- Midwest Book Review The Las Vegas Chronicles by Andrew McLean is a truly remarkable read. After doing extensive research for my Las Vegas police and Mob books, I figured I knew most everything worth kwing about Sin City. At least that's what I thought until I read this book. In The Las Vegas Chronicles Mr. McLean accurately tells his readers the history of the city, who the key players were-both good and bad, the celebrities, the gaming, trivia, it's all there. I highly recommend this book to all readers. And if you're a history buff, a Las Vegas fan, or a bit of both, The Las Vegas Chronicles is a must read. -- Denny Griffin, author Policing Las Vegas, The Battle for Las Vegas, CULLOTTA Although I lived and worked in Las Vegas, Andrew J. McLean's, The Las Vegas Chronicles is a highly educational and enjoyable read. It seems that with so many subjects, the facts are hard to come by. Factual history is really the core of civilization. We also tend to fictionalize so much of what is our history and Andrew McLean seems to have done his homework of what really happened and has w shared his findings with the rest of the world. The subject of Las Vegas has always captured the imagination and being that it's history is so unique, I couldn't put this book down. I witnessed much of what The Las Vegas Chronicles described although until w I never knew how or why so many events happened. The book is laid out in a very organized way so that the reader can fully see the transitions and metamorphous of Las Vegas in chrological order. I sometimes ask myself if I am going to miss something by t reading a particular book The historical information makes this book a great addition to one's library. -- Jay Rankin, author of Under the Neon Sky...A Las Vegas Doorman's Story A wonderfully lucid and fascinating book of the Las Vegas scene during the mobster days and the transition to corporate ownership of the casis. A fascinating book of stories, facts, and illustrations of one of the most interesting cities in the world. Andy's personality shows though in his fluid writing style. A most enjoyable must-read book. -- BR Bob L. Riley, Aerospace Engineer retired Very enjoyable and interesting read. Anyone with a gambling/Vegas background will be interested in this book. -- Al Raisek, Ph.D.
- Author BiographyMcLean is a graduate of Michigan State University, 1972, and resides along the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. He is also the bestselling lead author of Investing in Real Estate (6th Edition) and co-author with George H. Ross, Donald Trump's right-hand man in Trump Strategies For Real Estate: Billionaire Lessons For the Small Investor, published by John Wiley & Sons.
- Author(s)Andrew J McLean
- PublisherScotline Press LLC
- Date of Publication26/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScotline Press LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight653 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.