All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the time of his birth in California in 1972 to the present, author Bryant G. Parrish has experienced an eventful and colorful life. In this memoir, he narrates the many details of an existence marked by racial prejudice and discrimination. In The Last African Amerik.k.k.an Slave, i/>, Parrish shares events from his childhood when he was the only black child in his California neighborhood, coming of age in his sexuality, being charged with his first felony at age fourteen, earning money both legally and illegally, and spending time in prison. But more than a recollection of the highlights of his life, The Last African Amerik.k.k.an Slave addresses how Parrish believes the Ku Klux Klan, to this day, keeps a stronghold over the country by carrying out white power propaganda through the American judicial system. Parrish contends that everyone in that system- from the court appointed public defenders to the judges to the Department of Corrections-carries out an agenda against people of color, and he offers his firsthand experiences as examples.
- Author(s)Bryant G Parrish
- Date of Publication17/02/2012
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight993 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.