All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Bolton loosed his final arrow toward a target one hundred paces away with his new six-foot yew longbow. Alongside Thomas, his uncle and sole competitor, Moss Barker, peered across the dusty field and smiled. You did well, but I got more in the middle circle. Thomas is determined to beat his uncle, the reigning three-time champion, at the annual Fall Festival archery contest only three months away. During the next ninety days treachery, attempted murder, and a search for hidden Roman gold make winning appear trivial. Set in 1706 rural Somerset, England, The Last Archers has an intriguing plot, memorable characters, and a strong sense of history in the fascinating Restoration period. The Last Archers weaves the lives of Thomas and Moss with local innkeepers, the ruling earl, the vicar, a midwife and her niece, and London dignitaries, including Queen Anne and the architect, Sir Christopher Wren. Drama, deception, humor, and romance enhance this intriguing narrative.
- Author BiographyJohn Mallon is a retired US government economist. Extensive study of period English history and visits to England are the research foundations for The Last Archers. He is an active member of the international Historical Novel Society, Florida Writers Association, Writer's League of The Villages, and Writers In Time. John and his wife Sandy are the parents of ten children and live in Florida.
- Author(s)John Mallon
- Date of Publication20/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.