All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Last Balladeer, author Gregg Akkerman skillfully reveals the life-long achievements and occasional missteps of Johnny Hartman as an African-American artist dedicated to his craft. In the first full-length biography and discography to chronicle the rhapsodic life and music of Johnny Hartman, the author completes a previously missing dimension of vocal-jazz history by documenting Hartman as the balladeer who crooned his way into so many hearts. Backed by impeccable research but conveyed in a conversational style, this book will interest t only musicians and scholars but any fan of the Great American Songbook and the singers who brought it to life.
- Author BiographyGregg Akkerman is a performer, educator, and writer. Since 2004, Dr. Akkerman has held the position as Director of Jazz Studies and Commercial Music at the University of South Carolina Upstate in Spartanburg.
- Author(s)Gregg Akkerman
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication16/08/2013
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Series TitleStudies in Jazz
- Series Part/Volume Number68
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note16 black & white halftones
- Weight735 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.