About this product
- DescriptionBill Reed's excellent pin-sharp pictures have been showcased in four previous Fonthill publications: Working and Preserved Industrial Locomotives; British Railways Steam; BR Steam in Colour; and The West Coast Lines. In this lavishly illustrated book he is firmly on home territory featuring the black and white pictures he took around his native Nottingham as well as in nearby Derby. Born in 1933, Bill, an ex fireman on steam locomotives and a driver on diesel electrics, shows some of his early pictures from 1951 as well as the many hundreds he took up until around 1966 when steam was fading rapidly. Over two hundred pictures are illustrated and were chosen from over six hundred. Many were taken in areas and from vantage points long since gone, the sites barely recognisable today. Bill always prided himself on having a 'good' camera in the days when it was t commonplace for the ordinary working man to have one and this shows in the pictures reproduced here. It is also remarkable that he had good access to his subjects unhindered by red tape or regulations.All this adds up to Bill providing us with a unique and personal glimpse into the last days of steam around Nottingham and Derby.
- Author BiographyPeter Tuffrey was born in Doncaster in 1953. He studied Fine Art at Doncaster College of Art and at Leeds University until 1974. He was Keeper of Fine and Decorative Arts at Doncaster Museum and Art Gallery 1975-1995; freelance writer 1995-2000; PR Media Consultant for Doncaster Rovers 2000-2002; and Area Manager for the Music Ground Group of Companies 2003-2010. Tuffrey is now working as a freelance writer and has produced over eighty publications featuring the Doncaster area as well as Nottingham and Sheffield.
- Author(s)Peter Tuffrey
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note180
- Weight409 g
- Width172 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $19.25Trending at AU $20.63
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.