Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.50Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by elczek
- Est. delivery by 5 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn the Sussex Downs in 1066, the psychotic William and his gang of European mercenaries began the process which fragmented a civilisation. Walt, the last of King Harold's bodyguard, the one who survived Hastings, wanders across Asia Mir in the company of Quint, an intellectual renegade monk. On the way he unfolds the events that led up to the battle which affected the destinies of every English man and woman. With rare skill, Rathbone vividly recreates a civilisation that stubbornly remains alive in the collective memory to this day, and so identifies the roots of the still-held belief that every English person is born free and should stay free. Tender romance, savage war, courtly intrigue and some wry humour combine to make THE LAST ENGLISH KING an exhilarating roller-coaster ride into our past.
- Author BiographyJulian Rathbone was the author of many highly-acclaimed novels. Two of which (KING FISHER LIVES and JOSEPH) were shortlisted for the Booker Prize. He died in February 2008.
- Author(s)Julian Rathbone
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication03/08/1998
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight264 g
- Width133 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.