All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStories of the First World War from the bestselling Terry Deary, author of the hugely successful Horrible Histories. November 1916 - the war on the Home Front. Millie is being told off for breaching the blackout when a Zeppelin airship crashes over Essex. Millie, the local constable and an elderly helper must round up the armed German crew before they escape. Meanwhile the 'invaders' are worrying about accidentally setting fire to the houses they were bombing! A strange but true tale of the Home Front for 7+ from the master historical storyteller.
- Author BiographyTerry Deary is the author of over 200 fiction and non-fiction books, which have been published in 40 languages. His historical fiction for older children Tudor Terror has been praised as a marvellous blend of fact and fiction (School Librarian). His non-fiction has been consistently in the best-seller lists since 1994. His Horrible Histories celebrated their 15th anniversary in 2008, having sold over 25 million copies worldwide and been adapted as television series, theatre tours and museum exhibitions. Terry Deary was voted Outstanding children's non-fiction author of the 20th Century by Books for Keeps magazine.
- Author(s)Terry Deary
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleWorld War I Tales
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFeatherstone Education
- Weight63 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.27Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $51.40Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.