Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.18+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by charliejodesigns
- Est. delivery by 20 Dec
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe map of England bears names which used to resonate through kitchens in the land: Colchester, Cheddar, Hereford, Swaledale, Bath, Lincoln, York, Wensleydale - the list goes on. England has more breeds of livestock, fruit cultivars and vegetable seeds to its credit than any other country in the world. Sussex, for example, was kwn for its cockles, herrings, truffles, seakale, cabbage, alongside its middlehorn beef, Southdown mutton and Tipper beer. We tend to think that our native food has disappeared off the map completely - and in some cases it is undoubtedly endangered. But, Marwood Yeatman shines a light on what remains, and highlights what could endure. His quest to find the 'last food' in England leads to his discovery of the last domestic faggot oven in use; the undertaker-cum-butcher who roasts his own oxen; the fisherman who regularly takes his life in his hands to catch oysters; green top milk being made deep in the forest; crayfish facing extinction; four types of English butter. This book is a wonderful voyage of discovery - an invitation to cook without recipes, travel without guides, and find history without museums. Take time to read about our fertile food heritage and the map of England will never look the same again.
- Author BiographyInspired by the sight of Devon cattle and York ham on America's east coast, Marwood Yeatman set out on a mission to rediscover English food. It has taken him over 25 years to research and write this book. He and his wife, graphic designer and photographer Anya, live in a former pub in Fordingbridge, Hampshire, where they cure their own meats and grow native vegetables in the garden.
- PrizesWinner of Guild of Food Writers Awards: Jeremy Round Award for the Best First Book 2008.
- Author(s)Anya Yeatman,Marwood Yeatman
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication05/04/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight1280 g
- Width179 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine39 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
- AU $45.31New
- AU $30.25New
- AU $14.69New
- AU $34.87New
Save on Cook Books
- AU $22.16Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $29.23Trending at AU $35.65
- AU $32.29Trending at AU $34.11
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $44.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.