The Last Gold of Expired Stars: Complete Poems 1908 - 1914 by Jim Doss, Georg Trakl, Werner Schmitt (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.77Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $43.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn aura of mystery surrounds the life and poetry of the Austrian poet Georg Trakl. Although he was born over a century ago, his starkly original poems provide a window into the psyche of the early twentieth century with its anguish, melancholy, and occasional exaltation. From a life inflicted with drug addiction and mental torment, Trakl paints a vivid, musical portrait of his autumn soul. This bilingual edition includes all of Trakl's mature published work, as well as his youthful poems and prose, drama fragments and selected letters, and is the most comprehensive collection of his work in English to date.
- Author BiographyGeorg Trakl (1887-1914), an Austrian expressionist, has been called one of the most original poets in the German language in the 20th century. Jim Doss is co-editor of the quarterly journal Loch Raven Review. He was born and raised in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and is a graduate of the University of Virginia. His work has appeared in numerous publications, both on the Internet and in print. In 2006, Doss published Learning to Talk Again, a book of poems and prose. He earns his living as a software engineer, and lives with his wife and three children in Maryland. Werner Schmitt was born in Pirmasens in southwest Germany and grew up in a little village near the French border. He began to write poems and prose at the age of 15. In 1984, Schmitt began his study of German and philosophy at the University of Trier, from which he graduated with a Master of Arts degree, highlighted by a dissertation on the ambiguity in the work of the Austrian poet, Georg Trakl. In 1994, Schmitt published Der Denkganger, a book of narratives and short prose. He works predominately with free verse, haiku, stories, and essays which have been published in many anthologies, magazines, newspapers, and read on the radio. Schmitt has performed readings of his work throughout Germany. He maintains the web site www.literaturnische.de which contains the most complete Trakl-Homepage worldwide in both German and English.
- Author(s)Georg Trakl,Jim Doss,Werner Schmitt
- PublisherLoch Raven Press, LLC
- Date of Publication27/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoch Raven Press, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight767 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.