All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionCharles Budrow and Wanda Harold are an unlikely match. Charles is a church-going, spirit-filled supervisor for DC's MetroBus system; Wanda is a newly cast aside wife who grew up in the pampered bosom of the Black bourgeoisie. In Wanda's childhood home, God was considered a myth. The Mathews family god was alcohol, and Wanda worships daily at its altar. But it will take more than wine to help Wanda see her three children though the adjustment of life without their father. Wanda can return to her childhood home and the domineering clutches of her mother, or find a new man who can support her family. Given this plan, Charles the Bus Driver is hardly a suitable candidate. But there is much more to Charles than country charm and a bus uniform. Through Charles, Wanda discovers the God within herself. And it will take everything she has learned to deal with her manipulative husband when he decides that he wants her back and that bus driver is going to block his moves.
- Author BiographyPatrice Franklin has been a probation officer, a playwright, a restaurateur, an art gallery curator, a webmaster and to some, a spiritual guru. She lives in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC with her two children. The Last Good Man is her first novel.
- Author(s)Patrice Franklin
- Date of Publication30/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.