All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.06
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.10
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $20.58Trending at AU $22.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe Last Mentsch is a work of historical fiction told to the interlocutor by Yitzhak, the son of Theodore Isaacs. It covers a period of almost 125 years in a time of tumultuous political, ecomic and social change in Southern Africa. The vel uncovers one of the missing pieces of that time - a story of a Jewish child pioneer, hustled out of Europe in the mid-nineteenth century to escape increasing waves of anti-Semitic 'justice' meted out in the ghettos and schtetls of Europe.In essence the book is an adventure set in a multicultural society, when a great many of the earliest pioneers were little more than children. It is a story, which, while set in Southern Africa, also resonates with generations on people whose forebears arrived alone in South Africa, Australia, Israel, the United States, Canada, New Zealand ... and indeed, throughout the world, wherever the British Empire planted its flags.
- Author(s)Peter Bayer
- PublisherSun Dragon Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSun Dragon Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.