All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs erotic and powerful as the paintings that inspired it. Emma Doghue, author of RoomParis, 1927. One day in July, a young American named Rafaela Fa gets into the car of a coolly dazzling stranger, the Art Deco painter Tamara de Lempicka. Struggling to support herself, Rafaela agrees to model for the artist, a dispossessed Saint Petersburg aristocrat with a murky past. The two become lovers, and Rafaela inspires Tamara s most iconic Jazz Age images, among them her most accomplished and coveted works of art. A season as the painter s muse teaches Rafaela some hard lessons: Tamara is a cocktail of raw hunger and glittering artifice. And all the while, their romantic idyll is threatened by history s darkening tide. A tour de force of historical imagination, The Last Nude is about genius and craft, love and desire, regret and, most of all, hope that can transcend time and circumstance.
- Author BiographyEllis Avery s first novel, The Teahouse Fire, set in the tea ceremony world of nineteenth-century Japan, has been translated into five languages and has won three awards, including the American Library Association Stonewall Award. Avery is also the author of The Smoke Week, an award-winning 9/11 memoir. She teaches fiction writing at Columbia University and lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Ellis Avery
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication21/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRiverhead Books,U.S.
- Weight272 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $56.19Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $28.14Trending at AU $28.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.