All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionOn 23 February 2006, twenty-three men escaped from a political prison to a mosque in Sana'a, the capital of Yemen. Two years later, they were joined by a dozen men released from Guantanamo Bay. These are the core of the new al-Qaeda, which is regrouping in the far reaches of Yemen and eager to wage war against the West and hijack the Arab Spring. Unrivalled Yemen expert Gregory Johnsen offers the first account of al-Qaeda's explosive growth in the country - a combustion of civil war, Afghan refugees, and Muhammed's teachings. Based on years of on-the-ground interviews and research, he delivers a stunning and essential investigation of the true state of the Middle East.
- Author BiographyGregory Johnson is a scholar at Princeton University and a regular contributor to The Independent, Newsweek, and other publications. He has consulted to the UK government and US senate - even Yemeni tribal shaykhs - and is interviewed frequently by the BBC, CNN, and many others. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Gregory D. Johnsen
- PublisherOneworld Publications
- Date of Publication07/02/2013
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOneworld Publications
- Content Note1 map
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.