All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionAn inspiration to many for his style and prose, Lord Dunsany was a pioneer for fantasy fiction, inspiring such famous writers as H. P. Lovecraft, J. R. R. Tolkien, and Neil Gaiman, to name a few. More than sixty years since its first publication, The Last Revolution is w once again available to readers. In a time before computers were a mainstay of our lives, Lord Dunsany tells the story, which takes place in England, about the revolution of self-reproducing machines. Kwn to have a profound distaste for the Industrial Revolution, The Last Revolution touches on a topic we kw all too well today: What happens if the computers take over? Good morning Pender. I hear you have made a Frankenstein. This is the line that narrator Pender hears from an inventor, and he is soon playing a robot in a game of chess. Pender's mood changes when he realizes that the computer he's facing has an intelligence far superior to his own. From the introduction of the robots, a tense atmosphere is ted as the robots fight for the attention of their owners. Will these machines be able to coexist with their household counterparts, or will they rise as one and take the first steps against humanity? Skyhorse Publishing, under our Night Shade and Talos imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of titles for readers interested in science fiction (space opera, time travel, hard SF, alien invasion, near-future dystopia), fantasy (grimdark, sword and sorcery, contemporary urban fantasy, steampunk, alternative history), and horror (zombies, vampires, and the occult and supernatural), and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller, a national bestseller, or a Hugo or Nebula award-winner, we are committed to publishing quality books from a diverse group of authors.
- Author BiographyLord Dunsany (1878--1957) was the pen name for Edward Plunkett, an Irish writer and dramatist. During his lifetime, he published more than eighty books, as well as hundreds of short stories and several successful plays. Dunsany, most noted for his writing of fantasy, influenced such writers as H. P. Lovecraft, Arthur C. Clarke, Neil Gaiman, and many others.
- Author(s)Lord Dunsany
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.